CAR | ALPINE A110 CUP
- World Rally Champion in 1973, winner of the 24 Hours of Le Mans in 1978 and World Champion in the LMP2 class in last season's FIA WEC, Alpine's success in motorsport has earned it a special place in the heart of racing fans. The Brand has also spawned interest and enthusiasm in many amateur drivers, , keen to enjoy themselves behind the wheel of attractive, light and agile cars...
THE CAR | ALPINE A110 CUP
- World Rally Champion in 1973, winner of the 24 Hours of Le Mans in 1978 and World Champion in the LMP2 class in last season's FIA WEC, Alpine's success in motorsport has earned it a special place in the heart of racing fans. The Brand has also spawned interest and enthusiasm in many amateur drivers, keen to enjoy themselves behind the wheel of attractive, light and agile cars. It is very much in this spirit and in respecting this tradition that Alpine decided to create the A110 Cup, which will make its track debut in 2018.
- To ensure this new adventure is a success, Alpine entrusted Signatech with the design, development, production and sales of the A110 Cup. The organisation headed by Philippe Sinault, which is responsible for operating the Alpine A470s in the FIA World Endurance Championship (WEC), also has extensive experience in the development of customer racing products.
- In conjunction with the engineers who devised the production car, Signatech designed the racing version with a primary target: provide the drivers with as much enjoyment as possible, whether they are beginners or experienced.
- Armed with a precise chassis, a 270hp engine for a weight of 1,050kg (3.9kg/hp), uncompromising safety features and the kind of onboard electronics commonly seen an Endurance prototype, the Alpine A110 Cup promises to deliver impressive performance.
- On sale at a price of €100,000 excl. tax (approx. £90,000), the Alpine A110 Cup will be taking part in a competition combining rigour and professionalism with a friendly, warm approach. Organised by Signatech over six rounds in 2018, the Alpine Europa Cup will visit six of the greatest racetracks in Europe. This FIA international series recalls the Europa Cup held between 1985 and 1988 with the Alpine GTA V6 Turbo.
ALPINE A110 CUP | PAINT SHEMES
|18CUP| #02 Team CMR-CFF|
|18CUP| #04 Racing Technology|
|18CUP| #14 Autosport GP|
|18CUP| #15 Milan Competition|
|18CUP| #17 Autosport GP|
|18CUP| #18 Autosport GP|
|18CUP| #33 Team CMR GRR|
|18CUP| #69 Autosport GP|
|18CUP| #76 Team CMR|
|19CUP| #04 Racing Technology|
|19CUP| #05 Racing Technology|
|19CUP| #06 Milan Competition|
|19CUP| #11 Racing Technology|
|19CUP| #15 CMR|
|19CUP| #29 Milan Competition|
|19CUP| #64 CMR|
CAR | ALPINE A110 GT4
- Ever since its foundation in 1955, Alpine has competed at the highest levels of international motorsport to demonstrate the performance and durability of its cars. Alpine's most famous motorsport successes include overall victory the 24 Hours of Le Mans in 1978 and winning the 1973 FIA World Rally Championship teams' title...
THE CAR | ALPINE A110 GT4
- Ever since its foundation in 1955, Alpine has competed at the highest levels of international motorsport to demonstrate the performance and durability of its cars. Alpine's most famous motorsport successes include overall victory the 24 Hours of Le Mans in 1978 and winning the 1973 FIA World Rally Championship teams' title. Today, it continues to race in the LMP2 FIA World Endurance Championship - winning the series in 2016 - while the one-make Alpine Europa Cup allows amateur Alpine enthusiasts to compete in track-prepared A110 Cup race cars.
- The new A110 GT4 will see Alpine return to the racetrack in competition with the world's most prestigious car makers in a production-based category. Building on the specification of the A110 Cup with more power and enhanced aerodynamic downforce, the GT4 is the ultimate version of the A110 sports car.
- Developed, built and sold by Alpine's motorsport partner Signatech - the organisation that operates Alpine's FIA World Endurance Championship programme and the Alpine Europa Cup - the A110 GT4 is based on the A110 road car, sharing its lightweight aluminium chassis and double wishbone suspension. Motorsport-specification springs and dampers, Brembo competition brakes, racing tyres, a downforce-generating front splitter and rear wing, a sequential competition gearbox and extensive engine upgrades lift the A110's track performance to as yet unseen levels. A safety cage, fire extinguisher and racing seat and harness complete the motorsport makeover.
- Equipped with air conditioning, the A110 GT4 retains the road car's 1.8-litre turbocharged four-cylinder engine, albeit with significant power upgrades. To be run by customer teams with support from Signatech, the A110 GT4 will begin racing in selected events in the second half of the 2018 season. The car will enter full production in time for the 2019 motorsport season.
- Uniquely, Designate will offer A110 Cup customers the opportunity to upgrade their cars to GT4 specification using a package of components, enabling them to compete in the Alpine Cup one season and progress to the GT4 category the following year, all with the same car.
- Being based on the A110 road car, the GT4 racer benefits from that model's inherent qualities. Its compact size and lightweight construction are key virtues for circuit racing, as is the mid-engined layout and optimal weight distribution. With very light tyre use and a power-to-weight ratio of 312bhp/tonne - the very limit permitted by GT4 regulations - the A110 is particularly well suited to the GT4 category.
- Eligible for the SRO European GT4 Series, the international Creventic 24 Hour series and many one-off races such as the Spa 24 Hours, the A110 GT4 will be seen competing around the globe at many of the world's most famous circuits.
- With the launch of the A110 GT4, Alpine's ladder of progression takes another step. Driving enthusiasts can begin by enjoying their A110s on the road before heading out on circuit during Alpine's official trackdays. From there, they can begin competing against like-minded enthusiasts in the Alpine Cup before eventually progressing to the top rung of the ladder in the A110 GT4.
ALPINE A110 GT4 | PAINT SHEMES
|19GT4| #02 Team Speed Car|
|19GT4| #07 Team Speed Car|
|19GT4| #036 Team CMR|
|19GT4| #616 Mirage Racing|
|19GT4| #919 Mirage Racing|